Champlain Area Trails (CATS) offers trails for hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, birding, and picnicking in the Champlain Valley of New York State’s Adirondack Park. We are also a land trust working to save the Valley’s natural features, farmland, clean water and scenic vistas.
The Grand Inn to Inn Hike, Saturday, May 9, 2015. We are so pleased to host the second Grand Hike from Westport to Essex. Join us for the Hike followed by a Block Party at the Essex Inn. Click HERE for more information and to register.
CATS Interpretive Hikes. A great way to enjoy the outdoors! Join us for one or more of the upcoming hikes.
- April 18 – Coot Hill Bird Walk and Hawk Watch with Naturalists Malinda and Glen Chapman.
- April 25 – Wildflowers of the Champlain Valley with Naturalist Elizabeth Lee.
- June 27 – Wild Edibles and Medicinal Plants of the Champlain Valley with Dr. Michael Burgess.
- July 19 – Wild Medicinal Mushrooms of the Champlain Valley with Mushroom Forager, Ari Rockland-Miller.
- August 23 – Gourmet Wild Mushrooms of the Champlain Valley with Mushroom Forager, Ari Rockland-Miller.
Click HERE for more information and to register for the above Interpretive Hikes.
CELEBRATE CATS NATIONAL TRAILS DAY EVENT – June 9, 2015 - We will CELEBRATE the sixth annual event at Block House Farm in Essex. Our speaker this year will be Tony Goodwin, Executive Directory of the Adirondack Ski Touring Council for the past 29 years, and the person that led the charge to develop the Jackrabbit Trail connecting Keene to Lake Placid. Stay tuned for more information…
CATS thanks the following sponsors of our Celebrate Champlain Area Trails Event on National Trails Day, 2014
Chez Lin & Ray’s Restaurant, Essex
Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast, Essex
The Galley Restaurant & Westport Marina, Westport
Tom Stransky – Northwestern Mutual Life, Disability, LTC
The Westport Hotel & Tavern, Westport